SOL food is designed as a 12-week online course. It’s available 24/7 and once you register you’ll have instant access. The course is designed for you to focus on one key topic per week. Each topic has a specially prepared learning video presentation with downloadable worksheets and weekly homework activities. These learning videos are delivered by SOL Food founder, Christina Turner. Christina has 18 years’ experience as an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) and experience in teaching at Bond University. She specialises in mindful eating and eating disorder management.
As part of your course, you’ll also receive regular email check-ins, which will help you to stay motivated, keep on track, and feel loved and supported the entire time. You will not be alone!
After payment, you will have instant LIFETIME access to the 12-week course materials. This ensures you have plenty of time to move through the course at your own pace, and around your existing time demands. After completion of the course, it’s also a good idea to come back to soak up more of the content.
We estimate you’ll need a maximum of one hour per week to enjoy each video and work through the written course materials. There’s also additional homework, which may take around 10 to 20 minutes per day.
You might (and you might not). Some participants find by honing in on hunger and their relationships with food, they start to eat an amount of food that’s less than what they currently eat normally (which can result in weight loss). However, that is not necessarily the case for everyone and manipulating body weight is not the focus of the course. (read here to find out why). Our focus is on exploring how, when and why you eat to create an overall happier relationship with food.
- Anyone who wants to cope better with day-to-day stress
- Anyone who identifies as struggling with overeating or binge eating
- Anyone who wants to improve their relationship with food
- Anyone who wants to be FREE from dieting (for good)
- Anyone who wants to learn how to eat for health and NOT for weight loss
- Anyone who wants to feel more at ease with their body
- Health professionals. Sorry, but this course is aimed at our lovely community members who are struggling with eating concerns. If you would like work in the area of mindful eating, professional training in this area is essential. We recommend Mindful Eating Practitioner training with Fiona Sutherland (The Mindful Dietitian), Megrette Fletcher or the Centre for Mindful Eating (United States).
- People who are in early recovery from an Eating Disorder; particularly Anorexia Nervosa. Mindful eating is a great tool for people recovering from binge eating (and in the later stages of recovery for anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa). However, this course is not a replacement for clinical treatment. It can work well alongside any therapy you are undertaking.
PLEASE NOTE: If you identify as having a history of trauma, there may be some mindfulness practices that are difficult and cause discomfort for you. Where possible, we signpost this in the course. However, please get in touch with us directly before starting so we can answer any questions you might have.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us about your individual situation or to determine if this course is right for you.
No. The course content is delivered at a slow and steady pace, and is structured to ensure you have plenty of time to accommodate “life stuff” while you work through the course.
The videos, worksheets and homework are all retained online so you can even access it after your course has “officially” finished.
Yes. We will refund your course fee minus 10% (our pre-pledged Butterfly Foundation donation). But we honestly believe you won’t be disappointed by this course. It’s full of super useful and insightful info that truly helps. Refunds are available up until 14 days of your course commencement. Our only condition is you will need to submit completed worksheets and homework to show you have attempted the program and “given it a good go”.
- This was Australia’s FIRST Mindful Eating e-course. It was designed and delivered by a University qualified Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist who specialises in working with people with eating concerns. There has been a lot of time spent fine-tuning the course based on feedback from previous course attendees and of course the latest scientific evidence.
- Christina Turner, the course creator and facilitator is highly qualified and experienced. In addition to eating disorders and mindful eating training, Christina is also skilled in mindfulness-based therapies such as Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
- Christina is actively working with people in the “real world”, conducting face-to-face consultations to provide them with strategies and support to improve their health and life.
- Christina doesn’t just teach mindfulness, she practices it. While she’s not perfect or an expert in it (no one can be), she strives to incorporate mindfulness into her own daily life so she can be present and support you, and others, to the best of her ability.
Both our mindful eating e-course and the health retreat offer great value. You’ll learn and experience a lot from participation in both! Check out the table to see what’s included in each opportunity:
- Weekly learning videos
- Regular email check ins
- Worksheets and homework
- Mindful eating journal
- Shopping list and meal planning tools
- Daily Planner
- Bonus recipe pack
- Meditation lessons
- Meditations to keep
- Face-to-face workshops
- Mindfulness colouring book
- Mindful movement inspiration cards
- Daily yoga
- Mindful movement sessions
- Daily nurturing (massage, spa)
- Unlimited email support (3 months)
- Lifetime access to the SOL Food e-community
Mindful Eating E-course
A Comprehensive Video Lesson every week with Christina Turner
Progress Tracking Worksheets
Audios and PDFs
Unlimited Email Support
Extra Resources Including Meditations, Downloadable Mindfulness Journal, Daily Planners, Shopping Lists and Recipe Packs
FREE 12 months’ access to the SOL Mindful Mentoring Program
Our contacts list, providing access to close-to-home support from a health professional
10% of every course fee is donated to the Butterfly Foundation, who provide support to people living with eating disorders and their families.